Purchasing a license to use the media from our site, you acknowledge that no transfer of copyright exists, and you are purchasing a license to use the media as per the terms set out in this agreement. Please note that by purchasing a license to use the media on this site from us, you acknowledge that no transfer of copyright exists, and you are purchasing a license to use the media as per the terms set out in this agreement.
1. Standard Royalty-Free License
Our Standard License agreement is the Royalty-Free license. This means that you pay for the image once and then you are allowed to use the image as many times as you like, with just a few restrictions:
- This is a one-person license
- This can be used only by the account owner or his employee, for the company’s own projects or clients and cannot be transmitted to another party.
- Beautiful Stock Images can be used on websites, TV, for educational projects, in magazines, newspapers, books and booklets, book covers, flyers, games and various advertising and promotional materials for both printed and digital media.
You pay for the media once and then you can use it as many times as you like. There’s no license fee except the initial fee and no other royalties to be paid except those included in the initial cost. The maximum number of copies for printed materials is 50.000 copies.
The free files downloaded from us may be used in commercial projects under our limited license is a one-person license and is given to you as an artist or a designer, your employer (client) or any employed persons.
2. Extended License
In this case, please contact our Customer Support to make sure that your use is permitted. This is a license that extend the rights given with the Standard License. Unless otherwise specified the restrictions imposed by the Royalty-Free license still apply. You need to require extra rights for work that is especially designed for sale or given for free:
- … web templates
- … greeting cards or postcards, posters, calendars, framed artwork
- … print-on-demand services
- … canvas or T-shirts
- … mugs, mouse pads, etc.
- … if the same image is used by several employees in your company.
- … or any other items incorporating the image in an essential manner, intended to be sold or given for free.
Increase Max Copies | Extends our Standard Royalty Free license (1) to an unlimited amount of printed copies.
Web Usage, electronic Items for resale | This license includes the right to use the photos for web templates that are sold to more customers, screen savers, e-cards, presentations or as wallpapers on mobile phones. Maximum number of electronic items is 10.000 copies (applies as a total of each type of usage). If this amount is exceeded, you need to acquire this license once again. The new license will provide you with the standard amount of copies.
Print Usage, physical Items for resale | Includes the right to use the media that is to be sold to other customers for a maximum amount of 10.000 copies (applies as a total of each type of usage). If this amount is exceeded you need to acquire this license once again. The new license will provide you with the standard amount of copies.
The Licensee/End User agrees that:
- Image may not be used as trademark, design-mark, trade-name, business name, service mark, or logo unless copyright release is purchased
- Copyright remains with Beautiful Stock Images even if the licensed image is incorporated into other images or media.
- Images will not be sub-licensed, assigned, transferred, given away, re-sell, rent, lend, assigned or otherwise transfer or distribute the Beautiful Stock Images or the rights granted under these terms made available online or other database, this includes Facebook, Flickr and other sharing sites.
- You are not allowed to post a copy of the Beautiful Stock Images on a network server or web server for use by other users.
- You are not allowed to remove any notice of copyright, trade-mark or other proprietary right from any place where it is on or embedded in the Beautiful Stock Images
- You are not allowed to use the Beautiful Stock Images in a fashion that is considered by us or under applicable law to be pornographic, obscene, immoral, infringing, defamatory or libelous in nature, or that would be reasonably likely to bring any person or property reflected in the Beautiful Stock Images into disrepute
- You are not allowed to use the Beautiful Stock Images in a way that places any person depicted in the Beautiful Stock Images in a bad light or in a way that they may find offensive – this includes, but is not limited to, the use of images: a) in pornography, “adult videos” or the like; b) in ads or promotional materials for adult entertainment clubs or similar venues, or for escort, dating or similar services; and c) uses that are defamatory, or contain otherwise unlawful, offensive or immoral content. You may not use Beautiful Stock Images containing the likeness of a person if such use implies that the model engages in any immoral or illegal activity or suffers from a physical or mental infirmity, ailment or condition;
- You are not allowed to use Beautiful Stock Images in a manner that competes with our business including, but not limited to, displaying Beautiful Stock Images in any format (including thumbnails) for download or Export on a website or offering Beautiful Stock Images for sale
- You are not allowed to use the Beautiful Stock Images for editorial purposes without including the following credit adjacent to the Beautiful Stock Images or in audio/visual production credits: “© Beautiful Stock Images, Maija Luomala”.
- You are not allowed to incorporate the Beautiful Stock Images in any product that results in a re-distribution or re-use of the Beautiful Stock Images or is otherwise made available in a manner such that a person can extract or access or reproduce the Beautiful Stock Images as an electronic file.
- You are not allowed to to the extent that source code is contained within the Beautiful Stock Images, reverse engineer, decompile, or disassemble any part of such source code.
- You are not allowed to use or display the Beautiful Stock Images in an electronic format that enables it to be downloaded, exported or distributed via any device or shared in any peer-to-peer or similar file sharing arrangement, or use or display Beautiful Stock Images in such a manner that gives the impression that the Beautiful Stock Images were created by you or a person other than the copyright holder of the Beautiful Stock Images.
For any uses not listed here, or for questions regarding our licensing please contact us.
The exception to this is if you have licensed the image for a client (e.g. website, advertising) when you must keep detailed records and make them available to the Copyright holder if requested. This is only likely to be required should an IP query arise. You may use the licensed image for one client. Should you wish to use the same image for another client you must license it again.
Once you have completed payment for the license to use the Image, you are granted a non-exclusive, non-transferable right to use and reproduce the image in printed materials, or any electronic or digital form. In the latter case, each image should be incorporated into a design in such a manner to make it clear that the image is not intended to be separately downloaded, copied, or distributed and the image size in use must less than 800 pixels on the longest side. “Non-transferable” means that the work you produce using a licensed Image must be for your own use, or if purchased on behalf of your employer or client, your employer or client must be the end-user of your work. You may not sell, rent, loan, give, sublicense, or otherwise transfer to anyone the Image, or the right to use an Image, and nothing you produce shall grant or purport to grant to any third party a right to use or duplicate an Image. You agree to take all commercially reasonable steps to prevent third parties from duplicating or distributing the Image.